IVF or in vitro fertilization process is one of the assisted reproductive technology types used in the treatment of infertility in cases when other infertility treatments have not been effective. IVF is also known as test-tube fertilization, which explains the process when in a laboratory the egg is fertilized with sperm and then the embryo is placed back into the woman’s uterus.
IVF – step by step
- When is IVF recommended?
- IVF procedure step by step
- STEP 1: Pituitary suppression or blocking – initiation
- STEP 2: Ovarian stimulation and follicular growth monitoring
- STEP 3: Final or trigger injection
- STEP 4: Follicular puncture and sperm extraction
- STEP 5: Egg fertilization and embryo development
- STEP 6: Embryo transfer
- STEP 7: Luteal phase
- STEP 8: HCG blood test
- IVF potential risks
- Are IVF kids different?