Better therapy and treatment option
Hysteroscopy in the diagnosis and therapy of intrauterine disorders is now standard procedure in gynecology clinics. Thanks to the miniaturization of the hysteroscopes, many procedures can now be performed with a minimum of trauma and without general anesthesia away from the operating room.
While attending the ESHRE Congress in Barcelona from April 30 till May 3 (2019), Dr. Treijs, head of the clinic “Embrions”, had the opportunity to try out in practice innovations in the offering of gynecological surgical instruments by KARL STORZ. As a result – a purchase of new bipolar 5mm office resectoscope and a 6.33mm intrauterine BIGATTI shaver (IBS®) with HYSTEROMAT E.A.S.I. – to provide our patients even more lenient treatment options.
Perfection in Resection
The new bipolar 15 Fr. office resectoscope
Due to its small diameter, this resectoscope offers the possibility to perform resection outside the OR. Infertility patients or those suffering from abnormal bleeding can thus be treated in the doctor’s office or clinical outpatient setting, even without anesthesia. Together with the AUTOCON® III 400 HF generator, effective resection, coagulation or vaporization is achieved.
- Minimal outer diameter
- Possible to perform resection in the doctor’s office or clinical outpatient setting, even without anesthesia
- Little or even no dilation required (depending on the patient)
- Can be used as a diagnostic hysteroscope in conjunction with semirigid 5 Fr. instruments (optional)
- Real bipolar system with current not returned via the sheath
- Self-cleaning loops due to plasma formation
Rapid Tissue Ablation with a Small Diameter
19 Fr. Intrauterine BIGATTI Shaver (IBS®) with HYSTEROMAT E.A.S.I.®
With an optical system that features an outer diameter of only 6 mm, the Intrauterine BIGATTI Shaver (IBS®) is inserted into the minimally dilated cervix. Thanks to the 4 mm shaver blade, the immediate removal of intrauterine pathologies is now possible outside the OR, e.g., in office settings and clinical outpatient departments.
- Mechanical removal of intrauterine pathologies such as polyps, myomas or placental remnants
- Immediate suction of the resected tissue via the HYSTEROMAT E.A.S.I.® provides optimal visibility
- HYSTEROMAT E.A.S.I.® can be used in both hysteroscopy and laparoscopy
- No thermal damage to tissue as HF current is not used
- Fully reusable system
- NEW: More intraoperative possibilities thanks to various 4 mm instruments